The Northeast Innovation Zone was created in 2018. The Northeast Innovation Zone empowers innovation schools in Northeast Denver to collectively leverage flexibilities, resources, and human capital in order to deliver an excellent education to students in schools that are committed to inclusivity.
Visit the Northeast Denver Innovation Zone website to learn more.
McAuliffe International as Innovation School
In 2011, McAuliffe International School was granted Innovation status by Denver Public Schools’ Board of Education. Innovation status allows McAuliffe much greater autonomy in how it manages time, money, and staffing in providing a high-quality academic program for students and families. The McAuliffe Innovation Plan contains the following key features:
- Longer school day (8 hours)
- Longer school year (185 days)
- IB Middle Years Programme
- Prioritization of funding and resources to directly support students and learning
- All teachers are at-will employees