Attendance Policies and Fees
Sports that have a try-out process will require student-athletes to commit to 4 of 5 days of practice per week. Sports that do not require tryouts will expect regular attendance and communication with the coaching staff about absences.
All DPS sponsored sports require a tryout with the exception of Cross Country.
In order to participate in athletics and activities at McAuliffe International School, students must:
- Be academically eligible
- Pay a $25 fee
- Complete athletics physical, emergency card and parent permission must be on file in the school office before student athlete is allowed to participate (see forms below)
- You can find more information regarding Prep League Sports at: http://athletics.dpsk12.org/ms_sports/
- Students that leave early for school-sponsored athletics and activities will have an excused absence.
- Students will need to make arrangements with the teacher to get any make-up work and notes that they missed and will have one extra day to complete the missed work from an early release athletic event and return it to the teacher.
- Teachers and students use Edmodo so that all missing work and information is available online. Students will not receive a Refocus unless they fail to turn in their make-up work by the due date.