We would like to welcome our incoming class of 6th graders for the 2017-2018 school year! Here is some important information for you:
- Course Selection Forms – All incoming 6th graders will be receiving their Course Selections Form soon. These forms are due back to the office by Tuesday, April 25th. They can be delivered to the main office, faxed to 720-424-1565 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration – Registration for the 2017-18 school year will be Monday, May 22nd – Thursday May 25th. School fees of $125 can be paid during registration. Check back for more details.
- Uniforms – McAuliffe uniforms are ordered through our 3rd party vendor, SAI Sports. You will want to order uniforms as early as possible in order to have them for the beginning of school. McAuliffe does not have uniforms to sell.
- First Day of School – The first day of school for incoming 6th graders will be Monday, August 7th. SHINE crew members will be there to help our new 6th graders on the 7th and 8th. 7th and 8th graders will start on Wednesday, August 9th.
- 2017-2018 DRAFT School Calendar can be found here.
The McAuliffe at Smiley Foundation invites you to join us for a Scholarship Benefit Breakfast on Tuesday, April 11 at 7:00am in the McAuliffe library as we raise essential funds to provide scholarships for several students to go on our Washington, DC trip this summer. Our keynote speaker will be Michael Johnston, State Senator representing Northeast Denver, former high school principal, and author.
The McAuliffe at Smiley Foundation is excited to support opportunities for student travel. We believe travel is an important component of the IB philosophy and allows students to expand their world view. Breakfast will be provided by Not Your Granny’s Casseroles. There is no cost to attend the breakfast; suggested donation is $100. Please register and RSVP here. If you cannot attend but would like to donate to the scholarship fund please click here.
Want to come to Harry Potter Night at McAuliffe? See a Rockies game with Mr. Dennis? Eat ice cream and watch a movie with your favorite teacher?
The McAuliffe teachers are offering 25 different opportunities to have fun outside of school. These Buy-A-Shares help raise money for the McAuliffe at Smiley Foundation. Click here to see all of the amazing experiences you can sign up for!
Round 2 of the DPS SchoolChoice process begins after families are notified of their Round 1 school placement in mid-March. Round 2 is the first-come, first-served segment of Choice for families who missed Round 1, who took part in Round 1 but want to re-explore their options, or who are new to DPS for next school year. Round 2 SchoolChoice forms will be available at all schools and here. Submit your completed Round 2 form directly to your preferred school or schools that have availability for 2017-18.
For more information on the SchoolChoice process visit the DPS Choice website.
All female 6th graders will go to the YMCA of the Rockies at Estes Park May 22nd-24th and all male 6th graders will go May 24th-26th. All 7th graders will go to the YMCA in Winter Park May 22nd-24th. There will be a YMCA informational night on Tuesday, April 18th. The 6th grade meeting will be from 6:00-6:45pm and 7th grade meeting will be from 7:00-7:45pm.
We are still in need of parent volunteers to chaperone all 3 trips – especially men! You do not need to be the same gender as your child to attend. The cost for chaperones is FREE, but all chaperones will need to attend a chaperone meeting prior to the trip. Please contact Sherry Beardshear at email@example.com.
Attached is the initial draft of the 2017-18 McAuliffe school calendar. Please know that this is the initial draft and that we will still be adding late start, early release and no transportation dates. We hope this is helpful for families in planning summer travels.