All female 6th graders will go to the YMCA of the Rockies at Estes Park May 22nd-24th and all male 6th graders will go May 24th-26th. All 7th graders will go to the YMCA in Winter Park May 22nd-24th. Students do not go to school when they are not at the YMCA camp.
If you were not able to attend our Camp Information night on Tuesday, the packing list, camp schedule, and medication forms are below. We are now working placing students in their lodging groups and will post this information before May 19th. If your son/daughter is still interested in attending the trip, please turn in all forms and payment to the main office as soon as possible. However, we cannot guarantee that we will have a spot for your student. For questions, please contact Sherry Beardshear at email@example.com.
Camp Packing List
6th Grade Camp Schedule
7th Grade Camp Schedule
General Medical Release
Course selection for the 2017-2018 school year are due to the McAuliffe office by Tuesday, April 25th. These forms were included in a mailing that you received during Spring break. If you need to get a new form, see the links below. Please note that you should use the form corresponding to the grade your student will be in next year. If you’re not able to bring in your printed form, you may scan and email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6th Grade Course Selection
7th Grade Course Selection
8th Grade Course Selection
These additional forms are required for all students:
Student Technology Contract
Cell Phone Contract
Please join the 6th grade drama students for their performance of Peter Pan May 1st through May 5th. Click here for tickets.
On Friday, April 7th, McAuliffe International held our 5th Annual Service Learning Day and Spark Change Award Ceremony. We were thrilled to welcome 9News anchor Kyle Clark as our keynote speaker for our annual Spark Change Grant Award Ceremony. McAuliffe students performed service to over 20 non-profits and donated over $6600 to local nonprofits. Check out our photos below to see some of the students’ service projects in action. McAuliffe was featured in the Denver Post and was highlighted on 9News as well.
We are excited to announce our 8th grade production of “Game of Tiaras,” a hilarious adaptation with apologies to Shakespeare! Combining the gut-wrenching plot twists of Game of Thrones, and the soul-numbing despair of Shakespearean tragedy, this adaptation of King Lear will leave you dying with laughter as the body count mounts. To purchase tickets, please click here.
- 7th period cast: Friday, April 14 @ 5:30 PM
- 5th period cast: Friday, April 14 @ 7:00 PM
- 2nd period cast: Friday, April 21 @ 5:30 PM
- 1st period cast: Friday, April 21 @ 7:00 PM
The window for CMAS English Language Arts, Math, Social Studies, and Science assessments is April 4th – April 28th. All students will be taking the CMAS ELA and Math assessments. The CMAS Social Studies test will be given to 7th grade only, and the Science test will be given to 8th grade only. As always, please make sure that your student is getting plenty of sleep, eating a healthy breakfast, and drinking plenty of water. The bell schedule will only be in effect for the grade that is testing that day. The CMAS Calendar, which contains the grade and content testing schedule is attached.
Thank you to everyone that joined us at our 6th grade Academic Night. In case you were not able to make it, here is the presentation.
We would like to welcome our incoming class of 6th graders for the 2017-2018 school year! Here is some important information for you:
- Course Selection Forms – All incoming 6th graders will be receiving their Course Selections Form soon. These forms are due back to the office by Tuesday, April 25th. They can be delivered to the main office, faxed to 720-424-1565 or emailed to email@example.com.
- Registration – Registration for the 2017-18 school year will be Monday, May 22nd – Thursday May 25th. School fees of $125 can be paid during registration. Check back for more details.
- Uniforms – McAuliffe uniforms are ordered through our 3rd party vendor, SAI Sports. You will want to order uniforms as early as possible in order to have them for the beginning of school. McAuliffe does not have uniforms to sell.
- First Day of School – The first day of school for incoming 6th graders will be Monday, August 7th. SHINE crew members will be there to help our new 6th graders on the 7th and 8th. 7th and 8th graders will start on Wednesday, August 9th.
- 2017-2018 DRAFT School Calendar can be found here.
Want to come to Harry Potter Night at McAuliffe? See a Rockies game with Mr. Dennis? Eat ice cream and watch a movie with your favorite teacher?
The McAuliffe teachers are offering 25 different opportunities to have fun outside of school. These Buy-A-Shares help raise money for the McAuliffe at Smiley Foundation. Click here to see all of the amazing experiences you can sign up for!
Attached is the initial draft of the 2017-18 McAuliffe school calendar. Please know that this is the initial draft and that we will still be adding late start, early release and no transportation dates. We hope this is helpful for families in planning summer travels.