There are many opportunities for parents to get involved at McAuliffe! You can get help with field trips, critical needs, outdoor education, book fair, talent show, mentoring, social events, and much more. Check out some of our committees below, or watch for opportunities to get involved or chaperone events in our weekly email newsletters!
If you have any general questions about volunteering, please contact Sherry Beardshear at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fundraising and Direct Giving
If you are interested in supporting McAuliffe through our Direct Giving campaign, please click here. You may choose a one-time donation or monthly giving. All funds are used to support:
- Student and Teacher services – in lieu of a PTSA, we have a foundation that supports programs that need ongoing funding: Critical Needs, Service Learning, Student Scholarships, and Teacher Appreciation.
- Installation of an Outdoor Futsal Court.
- Creation of an indoor fitness room in the basement.
- Installation of a new stone and brick marquee sign in front of the school.
- Installation of additional signs, banners, and floor mats to enhance the visual culture of the school
- Creation of a locked bike corral to safely store student bikes.
If you’d like to get involved with our fundraising campaign, please contact our Community Liaison, Brandi Wright at email@example.com. Thank you for your support!
Critical Needs Committee
The Critical Needs committee works in conjunction with the school counselors, administration and teachers to help meet the needs of McAuliffe families who are dealing with an acute crisis or emergency. While the identities of families/students remain confidential, we gather the specific resources needed to assist these families and provide such resources through the school counselors. The Critical Needs committee helps provide meals, school supplies, uniforms, and holiday care and gifts to our families in need. For questions or to volunteer, please contact committee head Kim Ezrine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are many opportunities for parents to volunteer or chaperone at McAuliffe! You can get help with field trips, critical needs, outdoor education, book fair, talent show, mentoring, social events, and much more. Check out some of our committees below, or watch for opportunities to get involved or chaperone events in our weekly email newsletters! Contact Maricris Doolan at Maricris_doolan@dpsk12.org.
Our Social Committee helps plan fun social events throughout the year! Our biggest event is our school dance, held just before the winter break. Contact chairperson Jackie Michaelsen at email@example.com to learn how to get involved in this fun committee!
Talent Show Committee (Fall)
McAuliffe’s Got Talent and we want to show it! We need parents to help with auditions, rehearsals and show night. The proceeds from ticket sales helps support scholarships for the 8th grade trip to Washington DC. For more information contact Sherry Beardshear at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staff Appreciation Committee
The Staff Appreciation Committee provides lunch for the teachers and staff of McAuliffe one day each month. Along with lunch, we celebrate teacher birthdays and a small gift. You may find current information about sign-up forms in our weekly email newsletter. For questions, please contact committee head Michele Brown at email@example.com.
Theatre Parent Committee
This parent volunteer group supports the McAuliffe theatre program and stage craft. Supporting activities include providing meals for the cast and crew during the weeks of performances, box office, concession stand, mailings, and public relations. We will need parent help in building sets and sewing costumes for productions. Please contact Erika Bloom.
Help chaperone our service learning trips Wednesdays from 10:00am-1:00pm. Part of what makes McAuliffe such an exceptional school is our service learning curriculum. We take 14 students every Wednesday during the school year to places like Montbello Manor, local elementary schools to read, Ronald McDonald House, and more. Contact Laura Rogers.
We need more teachers, parents and students to help us with our wellness goals. If you have an interest in healthy lifestyles and wellness, then we are the group for you! Please consider helping us out with your time, background and knowledge. We meet on the first Tuesday of the month, 4:15- 5:15. Please email Kendra Collings at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining the Wellness Team! Some things that we have achieved so far and some things that are in process:
- The Ga-Ga pits! We successfully applied for a grant from Be Well (part of the Stapleton Foundation) and were awarded the dollars to buy the framework for the pits. With an extremely gracious donation from Alpine Lumber and volunteer time from committee members, Mr. Dennis and Cindy Eastman, we were able to build both pits over the summer.
- We have supplied most classrooms with the “Fit Sticks” for teachers to use as activity breaks during instruction time.
We have supplied the MI room with recess equipment and have previously supplied all of recess with equipment as well (unfortunately, that equipment ended up lost or destroyed, so the students now bring their own).
- We had successfully made changes to the breakfast and snack bar last year. Unfortunately, we need to make changes again, so this is one of our priority projects for the 2015-16 school year.
- We have installed a “healthy vending machine” in the school. It is in the hallway by Ms. Franco’s room and is primarily in place to offer non-dairy alternatives to our staff and student body via almond milk as well as “healthier” versions of common snack foods. This machine raises money to support the ongoing efforts of the Wellness Committee, and we hope to fund some upcoming Wellness Events and opportunities for the staff, students and community.
After-School Enrichments and Clubs
Staff member Sherry Beardshear coordinates our after-school enrichments and clubs. Email: email@example.com. Bring your A GAME to McAuliffe and help run an afterschool enrichment or club. We need parents to help with Brain Bowl, DI, cooking classes, and more.
Book Fair Committee
Our Book Fair Committee hosts Scholastic Book Fair events throughout the school year. The book fair is a great way to purchase books your child will love while also supporting our McAuliffe library! Contact Kari Cummings.
School Accountability Committee
The McAuliffe School Accountability Committee meets the third Thursday of each month at 7:00pm in the McAuliffe library. All meetings are open to the public. To inquire about participating on this committee, please contact Principal Kurt Dennis at firstname.lastname@example.org. Because we sometimes need to reschedule due to a schedule conflict, please always watch for updates about the coming meeting.