SAVE THE DATE!
McAuliffe Annual Fundraiser
Saturday, November 11th
The Hangar at Stanley Marketplace
We appreciate the financial and in-kind support of our parent community, our community partners, and our grant donors in supporting programming and campus enhancements at McAuliffe. Our community can give financial support to McAuliffe through:
- Year-Round Direct Giving
- Fundraising Events
- Becoming a McAuliffe Sponsor
McAuliffe International School welcomes all donations and uses these funds to close the gap between what the district funds and what our McAuliffe students need. You may drop off a check at the school office, or you can give online (either on a one-time or recurring basis) through Colorado Gives via the links below.
If you have the means financially, please help us reach our goal of raising $150,000 for the 2017-2018 school year. We recognize that there are more ways to give, including your time and talent. Look for opportunities to volunteer in our weekly school newsletter. Thank you for your support!
Also see information below about our McAuliffe at Smiley Foundation. For questions about fundraising or becoming a McAuliffe sponsor, please contact Community Liaison Brandi Wright at email@example.com.
“Give Where You Live” and help us meet our goal of raising $150,000 for our students this year by participating in Colorado Gives Day on December 5th, 2017!
Become a McAuliffe Sponsor!
Thank you to our McAuliffe sponsors, who are linked in our Sponsors section of each newsletter, and showcased on our website here and in a new poster in our foyer. We thank all of them for supporting our school! For information about how to become a McAuliffe Sponsor, view our Sponsorship package information, or contact Brandi Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org.
McAuliffe at Smiley Foundation
Fundraising for various needs at McAuliffe International School is carried out through the McAuliffe at Smiley Foundation
(MSF), a 501(c)3 tax-exempt non-profit organization that was established in 2012. The purpose of MSF is to help address the funding gap between what the school district is able to provide and additional resources McAuliffe students need.
The Foundation works with the school administration to prioritize school needs, identify which essentials require additional fundraising, and then execute fundraising campaigns to address those needs. All donations to the foundation are 100% tax-deductible. Donate to the McAuliffe at Smiley Foundation in one of two ways: online here or by check payable to ‘MSF’ and mailed or dropped off to 2540 Holly Street, Denver, CO 80207.
For information regarding becoming a McAuliffe sponsor, please contact Brandi Wright at email@example.com.
The Foundation is comprised of a board of directors. Current members of the board include: Jay Epperson (president), Nina Kuhl (secretary), Cindy Eastman (treasurer), Jim Hoops, Dwaine Holloway, Dean Savoca, Felicia Ho, Stephanie Kiley, and Dawn Taylor Owens. The Board meets the second Tuesday of the month at 7:00PM in the McAuliffe library; all board meetings are open to the broader McAuliffe community.
Most fundraising for McAuliffe falls into the following four categories:
- Capital Improvements – Bring the Smiley Campus up to current standards for a 21st century learning environment.
- Student Support – Supplemental resources to provide disadvantaged students with what they need to be successful.
- Staff Support – Support faculty through recognition and workplace enhancements.
- Program Sponsorship – Enable additional learning opportunities to expand student experiences.
In the 2016-2017 school year, a portion of the $140,000 that the McAuliffe foundation raised went towards the following projects:
- Scholarships to help students take part in activities such as attending our Outdoor Education camp and 8th grade trip to Washington D.C.
- Creating new signage in the building
- Installing an outdoor futsal court
- Creating an indoor fitness room in the basement
- Creating and installing additional signs, banners, and floor mats to enhance the visual culture of the school
- Creating a bike corral to safely store student bikes
- Student and Teacher Support – in lieu of a PTSA, we have support programs that need ongoing funding: Critical Needs, Service Learning, Student Scholarships, and Staff Appreciation.