We appreciate the financial and in-kind support of our parent community, our community partners, and grant donors in helping support programming and campus enhancements at McAuliffe. See details below about the following ways you can give financial support to McAuliffe:
- Year-Round Direct Giving
- Fundraising Events
- Becoming a McAuliffe Sponsor
Also see information below about our McAuliffe at Smiley Foundation. For questions about fundraising or becoming a McAuliffe sponsor, please contact Community Liaison Brandi Wright at email@example.com. Thank you for your support!
Fundraising Priorities for 2016-2017
We’ve had a successful start to our Direct Giving campaign so far this year and have raised over $80,000 toward our goal of $150,000 to go toward the following:
- Student and Teacher Support
In lieu of a PTSA, we have support programs that need ongoing funding: Critical Needs, Service Learning, Student Scholarships, and Teacher Appreciation.
- Install an Outdoor Futsal Court
- Create an indoor fitness room in the basement
- Install a new stone and brick marquee sign in front of the school
- Create and install additional signs, banners, and floor mats to enhance the visual culture of the school
- Create a bike corral to store more student bikes
Year-Round Direct Giving – 2016-2017 Goal: $150,000
We welcome any donations to McAuliffe International School to close the gap between what the district funds and what our McAuliffe students need. You may drop off a check at the school office, or you can give online (either on a one time or recurring basis) at Colorado Gives at the links below.
If you have the means financially, a suggested donation amount of $300 will help us reach our goal of $150,000 for 2016-2017. We welcome your generosity and appreciate any amount up to or beyond this suggested donation. We recognize that there are more ways to give, including your time and talent. Look for opportunities to volunteer in our weekly school newsletter. Thank you for your support!
“Give Where You Live” and help us meet our goal of raising $150,000 for our students this year by participating in Colorado Gives Day on December 6, 2016!
Grade-Level Direct Giving Parties
In lieu of a large fundraising event and auction, we host grade-level Direct Giving Parties that allow McAuliffe families the opportunity to socialize and to give to McAuliffe in a fun and relaxed setting.
Please check back next school year to see where and when our Direct Giving Parties will be!
Become a McAuliffe Sponsor!
Thank you to our McAuliffe sponsors, who are linked in our Sponsors section of each newsletter, and showcased on our website here and in a new poster in our foyer. We thank all of them for supporting our school! For information about how to become a McAuliffe Sponsor, view our Sponsorship package information, or contact Brandi Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org.
McAuliffe at Smiley Foundation
Fundraising for different needs at McAuliffe International School is carried out through our McAuliffe at Smiley Foundation, a 501(c)3 tax-exempt non-profit organization that was established in 2012. The purpose of the McAuliffe at Smiley Foundation (MSF) is to help address the funding gap between what the school district is able to provide and the additional resources McAuliffe students need.
The Foundation works with the school administration to prioritize school needs, identify which needs require additional fundraising, and then execute fundraising campaigns to address those needs.
All donations to the foundation are 100% tax-deductible. Donate to the McAuliffe at Smiley Foundation in one of two ways: online here or by check payable to ‘MSF’ and mailed or dropped off to 2540 Holly Street, Denver, CO 80207. For information regarding becoming a McAuliffe sponsor, please contact Brandi Wright at email@example.com.
The Foundation is comprised of a board of directors. Current members of the board include: Jay Epperson (president), Nina Kuhl (secretary), Cindy Eastman (treasurer), Jim Hoops, Dwaine Holloway, Sarah King, Dean Savoca, and Felicia Ho. The Board meets the second Tuesday of the month at 7:00PM in the McAuliffe library; all board meetings are open to the broader McAuliffe community.
Most fundraising for McAuliffe falls into the following four categories:
- Capital Improvements – Bring the Smiley Campus up to current standards for a 21st century learning environment.
- Student Support – Supplemental resources to provide disadvantaged students with what they need to be successful.
- Staff Support – Support faculty through recognition and workplace enhancements.
- Program Sponsorship – Enable additional learning opportunities to expand student experiences.
In the 2015-2016 school year, a portion of the $150,000 that the McAuliffe foundation raised went towards the following capital projects:
- Outdoor basketball court and hoops
- New indoor basketball backboards
- Fourteen seater bus with McAuliffe logo
- Courtyard landscaping (removal & rebuilding shed, additional seating & shade, landscaping)
- New signage in the building
Scholarships and Supplies
In addition to our fundraising for the two larger projects outlined above, we raise money for the smaller needs listed below!
- Scholarships to help students take part in activities such as attending our Outdoor Education camp and 8th grade trip to Washington D.C.
- Sports equipment for PE
- Library and engineering supplies