Check out our new McAuliffe at Smiley Foundation video!
McAuliffe at Smiley Foundation
Fundraising for various needs at McAuliffe International School is carried out through the McAuliffe at Smiley Foundation (MSF), a 501(c)3 tax-exempt non-profit organization that was established in 2012. The purpose of MSF is to help address the funding gap between what the school district is able to provide and additional resources McAuliffe students need.
The Foundation works with the school administration to prioritize school needs, identify which essentials require additional fundraising, and then execute fundraising campaigns to address those needs. All donations to the foundation are 100% tax-deductible. Donate to the McAuliffe at Smiley Foundation in one of two ways: online here or by check payable to ‘MSF’ and mailed or dropped off to 2540 Holly Street, Denver, CO 80207.
The Foundation is comprised of a board of directors. Current members of the board include: Maxwell Chisenga, Kendall Peterson, Terrence Pace, Michelle Moore, Jeremy Gurley, Karla Hanlon (Treasurer), Brandi Wright (Secretary), and Dawn Taylor Owens (President).
The Board meets the second Tuesday of the month at 7:00pm in the McAuliffe library; all board meetings are open to the broader McAuliffe community.
Most fundraising for McAuliffe falls into the following four categories:
- Capital Improvements – Bring the Smiley Campus up to current standards for a 21st century learning environment.
- Student Support – Supplemental resources to provide disadvantaged students with what they need to be successful.
- Staff Support – Support faculty through recognition and workplace enhancements.
- Program Sponsorship – Enable additional learning opportunities to expand student experiences.
We appreciate the financial and in-kind support of our parent community, our community partners, and our grant donors in supporting programming and campus enhancements at McAuliffe. Our community can give financial support to McAuliffe through:
- Year-Round Direct Giving
- Fundraising Events
- Becoming a McAuliffe Sponsor
McAuliffe International School welcomes all donations and uses these funds to close the gap between what the district funds and what our McAuliffe students need. You may drop off a check at the school office, or you can give online (either on a one-time or recurring basis) through Colorado Gives.
If you have the means financially, please help us reach our goal of raising $200,000 for the 2019-2020 school year. We recognize that there are more ways to give, including your time and talent. Look for opportunities to volunteer in our weekly school newsletter. Thank you for your support!
Become a McAuliffe Sponsor!
Thank you to our McAuliffe sponsors, who are linked in our Sponsors section of each newsletter, and showcased on our website here and in a new poster in our foyer. We thank all of them for supporting our school! For information about how to become a McAuliffe Sponsor, view our Sponsorship package information.
- Ongoing funding for these fundamental services:
• Critical Needs Program
• Service Learning Program
• Student Travel Scholarships
• Staff Appreciation Program
- Adding additional safety precautions for the students and staff:
- Additional FOB access at entry points of the building
- Add additional cameras to various places inside the building and outside at the courtyard
- Outside field scoreboard for sporting events.
2018-2019 MSF Accomplishments
In the 2018-2019 school year, a portion of the $150,000 that the McAuliffe foundation raised went towards the following projects:
- Ongoing funding for our Critical Needs Program, Service Learning Program, Student Travel Scholarships, and our Staff Appreciation Program.
- The purchase of laptops for out the Engineering Classrooms
- The purchase of a new Digital Sound System for the Auditorium
- The branding of the north gym with McAuliffe International logo and banners
- Renovation of the 1st floor lockers.
- Updates to Choir/Theater Classroom
- Scholarships for more than 30 deserving students to travel to Washington D.C., New York City, and YMCA camps.