School Tours – October 5, 2018 – February 22, 2019
McAuliffe will offer School Tours for parents and their current 5th grade student on most Friday and Wednesday mornings from October 5th, 2018 through February 22nd, 2019. These tours will run from 8:40am-9:40am. Due to the enrollment demand and the increasing student population in the boundary, we ask that ONLY current residents of the Greater Park Hill / Stapleton shared middle school enrollment boundary or those intending to move to our boundary area register for the School Tours. We will limit each School Tour to 30 families a day to reduce the impact on our teachers and students. Please do not bring younger siblings on the School Tour. Please sign-up for school tours here.
Open House – Thursday, December 6th from 7:00-8:00pm
McAuliffe International School is pleased to offer an Open House on Thursday, December 6th from 7:00-8:00pm for families to learn more about our school. Parents and their current 5th grade student are welcome to attend our Open House together. Due to limited auditorium space, we ask that Open House attendees register below (please sign up for ONE slot per family). If you have attended the School Tour it is not necessary to attend the Open House. Please sign-up for the Open House here.
DPS SchoolChoice Process
McAuliffe International School is a full participant in the Denver Public Schools Choice System. For more information about SchoolChoice, please visit http://schoolchoice.dpsk12.org/.
- Round 1 in the SchoolChoice process happens during the month of February .
- DPS encourages parents of currently enrolled DPS students to create a Parent Portal account to participate in the online SchoolChoice system.
- In mid-November, DPS will send Enrollment Guides in the following manner: For 5th grade students, DPS will send Enrollment Guides home in backpacks; for 8th grade students, DPS will mail Enrollment Guides home.
First Round SchoolChoice
When the First Round SchoolChoice student assignment process is run, several factors are considered. The following information is used to prioritize applicants who are interested in attending McAuliffe International School.
- No particular type of applicant is guaranteed admission in the First Round.
- All applicants will be prioritized in the following way:
- Students who live in the Stapleton-Park Hill shared middle school enrollment zone*
- Denver residents who have a currently-attending sibling who will also be at the school next year.
- All other Denver Residents
- All other Non-Denver Residents
* All middle school students residing in the Stapleton – Park Hill middle school shared boundary are guaranteed a spot at one of the shared boundary middle schools, but not at a particular middle school no matter what proximity your residence is to a school in that boundary.
McAuliffe International School makes every attempt to accommodate siblings who apply together in the same school year. Meaning, if one sibling applicant is assigned to this school, the other may be too.
Second Round SchoolChoice
DPS notifies families regarding your student’s school assignment in early April.
Round Two of SchoolChoice
Round 2 of SchoolChoice begins in May. This is the first-come, first-served segment of Choice for families who missed Round 1. Round 2 SchoolChoice forms will be available at all schools and at http://schoolchoice.dpsk12. org/. Submit your completed Round 2 form directly to your most preferred school that has availability for the next school year.