McAuliffe is conducting School Tours for parents and their current 5th grade student from 8:40am-9:40am on most Wednesdays and Friday mornings from October 4th, 2017 – February 23rd, 2018. Due to the enrollment demand and the increasing student population in the boundary, we ask that ONLY current residents of the Greater Park Hill / Stapleton shared middle school enrollment boundary or those intending to move to our boundary area register for the School Tours. We will limit each School Tour to 30 families a day to reduce the impact on our teachers and students. Please do not bring younger siblings on the School Tour. When you sign up, you only need to register ONE SLOT PER FAMILY under your student’s name.
Sign up here for McAuliffe School Tours.
McAuliffe International School does not do student shadowing.
If you are interested in McAuliffe Manual, please click here for tour and open house information. McAuliffe Manual was recently recognized by DPS as a green school for it’s academic achievements. For more information on McAuliffe Manual visit their website here.
DPS SchoolChoice Process
McAuliffe International School is a full participant in the Denver Public Schools Choice System. For more information about SchoolChoice, please visit http://schoolchoice.dpsk12.org/.
The DPS SchoolChoice office has provided the following important information to parents to guide them in the choice process.
- Round 1 in the SchoolChoice process happens during the month of February . This is for the release of the paper forms as well as Online SchoolChoice.
- The deadline for Round 1 in the SchoolChoice process is February 28th, 2018, at 4:00p.
- DPS encourages parents of currently enrolled DPS students to create a Parent Portal account in order to participate in the online SchoolChoice system. Participating in this online SchoolChoice system means parents will not have to drop off or mail a SchoolChoice form, and they may find out the school their student has successfully choiced into sooner.
- In mid-November, DPS will send Enrollment Guides in the following manner: For 5th grade students, DPS will send Enrollment Guides home in backpacks; for 8th grade students, DPS will mail Enrollment Guides home.
First Round SchoolChoice
When the First Round SchoolChoice student assignment process is run, several factors are considered. The following information is used to prioritize applicants who are interested in attending McAuliffe International School.
- No particular type of applicant is guaranteed admission in the First Round.
- All applicants will be prioritized in the following way:
- Students who live in the Stapleton-Park Hill shared middle school enrollment zone*
- Denver residents who have a currently-attending sibling who will also be at the school next year.
- All other Denver Residents
- All other Non-Denver Residents
* All middle school students residing in the Stapleton – Park Hill middle school shared boundary are guaranteed a spot at one of the shared boundary middle schools, but not at a particular middle school no matter what proximity your residence is to a school in that boundary.
McAuliffe International School makes every attempt to accommodate siblings who apply together in the same school year. Meaning, if one sibling applicant is assigned to this school, the other may be too.
Second Round SchoolChoice
DPS notifies families regarding your student’s school assignment in early April.
Round Two of SchoolChoice
Round 2 of SchoolChoice begins in April This is the first-come, first-served segment of Choice for families who missed Round 1. Round 2 SchoolChoice forms will be available at all schools and at http://schoolchoice.dpsk12. org/. Submit your completed Round 2 form directly to your most preferred school that has availability for the next school year.